The name itself is fairly self explanatory. However, there are still plenty of questions customers may have. Why should I get one? What is the best option for me? What did I have for breakfast this morning? You know; the usual.
The Basics about Floating Docks
These buoyant platforms can be used for both private properties and commercial areas. Tend to include private and commercial swimming areas, marinas, and piers. While they can be made out of different materials, our docks are made of aluminum. Our aluminum is both corrosion resistant and environmentally safe to use in both saltwater and freshwater.
When wintertime comes around, floating docks can be removed in order to prevent any sort of damage that harsh weather conditions can bring. In the other seasons, however, floating docks level themselves. This means that on coastlines and in open- water locations, the floating dock can adjust.
Advantages of Having a Floating Dock
- The main difference in a floating dock and a standing dock is the anchorage. Floating docks can rise and fall with the water, instead of having to take the beating that standing docks take. This can increase its life.
- Floating docks are best for places that have strong currents or undertows.
- Floating docks are more durable.
- They are a great option for anyone who owns a small or medium sized boat.
- They are easy to install, maintain and use.
If you own a boat or have a business that involves the water, there are plenty of reasons to invest in an aluminum floating dock. Let Lakeside Dock Sales help you decide what the best options are for you!